Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day

 The weather blessed us all today.  We were able to have a delicious cook-out and play outside.  My kiddos each made me a card and had little coupons tucked inside for dinners, helping, and back-rubs.
 My sweet mama and daddy.  We played a rousing card game of golf.

 I joined the boyz for some bocce ball.  I am NOT a competitive person, in fact, I don't like playing with competitive people.  I did not intend to win, I simply threw the ball and it just so happened to land exactly where the winning points were.  Tee hee, that made my papa happy since he was my partner.


Me and my best girl!
 I love boyz who play in the dirt.  They are suppose to in fact, I am pretty sure I read that in the Bible somewhere.  This master mind was digging a trench for the pool water to run through when it splashes over...he is planning ahead (and asking daily to open the pool).


The hardest  part about being a mother...is thinking about the day my chick-a-dees will fly the coop.  This is all I know how to do, my life exists around caring for my family.  So for now I soak in the moments we have and all together avoid thinking about empty nests!

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.  Psalm 127:3

Coram Deo,
E.W.

1 comment: