Monday, August 29, 2011

ZIP, ROCK, ICE, AND FLASH

Our itinerary changed with tropical Emily heading to St. Thomas, which was our destination.  Our captain thought it best to head to Mexico instead...puking or sunshine...yep let's go with the sun!  We had 2 days on the sea to play on the big big boat.  Zipline first!  What's Gabe looking down at you ask?
 The zipline is 7 stories above the boardwalk below.  It criss-crosses over the ship.
 This is me having a panic attack.   I was fine until they put the helmet on my head and flipped the visor over my face, me no like!  So I calmly asked the nice man to unhook hook me NOW!  He tried his best to coax me into soaring across the air but the heartbeat drumming in my ears prevented the pep-talk from working.


We saw the musical Hairspray which was phenomenal.
The flow rider was Gabe's favorite activity on the boat.  It is a man-made wave pumping upward that you boogie board or surf (depending on your skill level) upon.

You want me to do what?...spin and flip...oookkk...


Our next stop was Costa Maya.  It was a warm tropical day.

We lounged in the huge pool and whiled away the hours...
Rainbow

We ate at the Chops Grille tonight.  Unforgettable meal!  Then went to see the Flying Oasis.  This is sort of like the Circus Olay.   Performers were literally flying around the auditorium, disappearing into the ceiling and below the stage.

I liked dressing up for dinner.  I could really get used to that!  Some gorgeous meals awaits us while we refresh ourselves for the evening.  I'm liking it!


Photo's on the boat were $20 for an 8x10.  I took my own...free!






We said good-night to monkey after a fun day of play.  The next day was just as filled with activities.  One of our favorite spots was the whirlpool that extended over the side of the ship and was enclosed in glass.  Warm and bubbly and very relaxing.  This was the Alice in Wonderland chair..a tad bit over-sized, that or Doug shrank!  3D movies, diving shows, flash mob dance lessons, ice skating, rock wall climbing, putt-putt, aqua theatre, karaoke, yoga class, the list went on and on.






Our cruise director was a hoot.  Mollie and I were part of the flash mob at one of the parades.  Douglas's fingers were itching to find a piano to play.  The piano guy at the Schooner actually shared the piano with him one evening.
I know I am forgetting a ton of things.  We had a fun, restful time.  We snorkeled and kayaked at Cozumel, Doug bid his straw hat farewell on the open seas, we laughed until our sides hurt one night playing cards in the game room while my brother told the story of one of his clients with tourettes, napping on this huge wicker lounge chair in the middle of the afternoon, and bubble and squeak.  It was fantastic, smashing, and amazing!
Coram Deo,
E.W.

No comments: