Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My New Favorite App

Avocado-Corn Relish
We went over to sup with our youth pastor a few weeks ago and they served this fantastic appetizer.  It is my new favorite thing to make.  I personally have made it a half-a-dozen times since then and people are asking for the recipe.  I have adapted it a bit from the original...

Recipe Avocado-Corn Relish
1/4 cup of lime juice
1 T red wine vinegar
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
3/4 t cayenne
1 bag of frozen corn
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup cilantro, minced
3-4 avocados

Whisk first 6 ingredients together.  Pour over corn, peppers, onion and cilantro.  Let sit for 1 hour (or overnight is fine too).  Add avocado right before serving.

Serve with tortilla chips.  I have also put this on burgers, grilled chicken or fish.  It's so yummy.  Needs to be eaten up because the avocados turn brown the next day.

Enjoy,
E.W.

No comments: