Monday, January 2, 2012

Festive Frolicking

As usual, we kick off the holiday's with my birthday celebration.  This year a bunch of us went to Chopstix for dinner and then off to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes.  We had a wonderful time eating sushi and laughing and enjoying an evening with dear friends.

For Christmas dinner my Sissy served up a yummy meal for my side of the family.
 Jello molds are so exciting aren't they? 
 I miss givng little ponies to my girl.  Now she wants the real McCoy.

 Great Granddad holding baby Jude.
 My Sissy and her sweetie



 My niece Mandyand nephew Joe
 Joe and Kaitlyn

That hairy beast belongs to my niece. 


Thanks Sissy for being the hostess with the mostest!
After that came the marathon light ride with my brother, parents and the Clay's.
The next evening we went to the Vogel's for a mexican feast and some friendly, highly competitve game playing (Michelle and I kicked the boyz buttz!).



 Is this a familiar scene at your house?

 It looks innocent enough, but the competitve edge is palatable.
The next evening we went to the Lankford's for dinner and games with the Webb's (no pictures for that one).  We played a game called Snigget, it's like the opposite of Baldardash except the word is made up...I REALLY wanted the word and definition to be real and true.  I lost, bad!

Then on the next night my cousin Kelly had a Christmas party at THE party house!  They have all the latest and greatest techno toys on the market.


 This is his happy face!  Smartest kid on the planet, look for him in future science magazines!
 Kelly & Jim







 Hubby's favorite, favorite game to play!

 We celebrated New Year's Eve with our friends.  I have to say it was a lovely gathering.  Leui led us in a devotional and then we sang worship songs and had some prayer time.  What a great way to bring in the New Year!

 This is Jenna making a 'normal' face to the camera.  Request made by her mother.
 Guess what Sandra got for Christmas?
 The sound of singing filling my home is one of the sweetest treasures I will ever know.







 This is what the wee hours of the morning look like for some of us...we acutally broke the party up around 1:30, that is late for this gorup!



And on the seventh day we rested.  Because we couldn't move.  Now that I am in my fat jeans I want to move even less.  But alas, it is January and new beginnings beckon me...

Coram Deo,
E.W.

No comments: