Friday, January 13, 2012

Morning Devotions


For our morning devotions this morning we talked about some of the different names of God. 

I AM your Rock
I AM your Advocate
I AM your Creator
I AM your Hope
I AM your Shield
I AM Faithful and True
I AM your Counselor
I AM your Comforter

We each went around and shared what name of God we see Him as the most.  It was a very insightful discussion.  My husband and oldest son choose HOPE (but for different reasons).  The future is uncertain for a teenage boy looking at colleges and career choices.  The future holds great anticipation for Leu as he is an optimist and loves to create and invent.  Mollie felt drawn to God as a Counselor.  She tends to holds her hurts inside and runs to the everlasting arms of God when she feels wounded.  After pouring her heart out to Him she feels loved and hugged by her Lord...I love that!  Gabe said God really comforts him when he feels sick or sad.  And me, He is so Faithful and True.  This name of God for me reminds me of Deuterononmy 4:9

“Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children’s children—



God is unchanging, constant, a promise keeper, and true to His Word.  When the circumstances in front of me look hazy and scary, remembering that He has always been faithful and true and He will continue to be faithful and true in my future delights my heart and soothes my worries.  Now that's good news!
 
Coram Deo,
E.W.

No comments: