Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fall Frolicks

The Autumnal Equinox really should begin the first day of day.  It just makes sense.  Fall is when school starts, everyone knows that right?  Between volleyball, soccer, school, work, church, and everything else, the days do indeed seem shorter.  No, I do not want MORE hours in a day.  What I need is what NASA recommends: a 26 minute power nap in the middle of the day will make you more productive.  That is what I need to incorporate into my schedule.
 My 2 highschoolers:  Mollie's volleyball team won the championship!  Fantastic games!  Doug has been accepted at Messiah College.  He will be auditioning in December.
Report cards came in today and all the kiddo's are sportin' A's.  We are off to a good start.  Run the race with endurance God's Word declares.  The starting is the easy part, it's the keep-going that gets tricky.  Gabe has had some first's this year.  He has learned to cut the grass AND he has helped to paint the new shed.  This soccer season started in August but it just ended last weekend.  Gabe's team the RIOT played well.  It is amazing how much skill they gain from one season.






 Gabe and his best bud's Matt and Ethan.
 One morning I was working on my computer and I get a text from Doug, "Mom, get your camera."
 Leui's birthday
 Our first fall ladies gathering at church.  We made these cute wreath's out of coffee filters.




 Gabe is striving to keep his room tidy.  Make your bed and don't put your PJ's in the laundry...


The boys thought that wearing just their socks would be a good idea as to not get leaves in their shoes.  But then their socks got muddy.  Then after racking and jumping for a while they stuffed themselves with leaves to be scarecrows...but they didn't get any leaves in their shoes...PHEW!
Early morning sunrise, I love pink!  Hurricane Sandy put us out of power for 5 days last week.  Other news, my mom had her hip replaced.  She is healing and getting around with a cane.  Leui has done some traveling to Ohio, Tampa and Seattle this fall.  I am so thankful that nothing has broken down while he has been away since everything we have is old!
I am trying to capture each moment of our time together because it is so precious.
"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."  Psalm 90:12

Coram Deo,
E.W. 

No comments: