Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Party Coordinator

We have been in party mode of late.  May and June are our big birthday months around here.  I love putting together parties and if there is a theme, ah, my heart be still.  Well this year my soon to be 8 year old came to me with his personal itinerary for his party.  OKAY...lets see what ya got there big guy.  He wanted to have a swimming party with a boat theme.  He wanted a bible story (totally his idea now) about Noah's Ark that was a trivia game.  He wanted an obstacle course, a craft, and play time.  Well snap!  I can handle that!   One of the best parts was that he wanted to keep it small.  Can I get a Hallelujah please?

His sweet little friend that he talks to on the phone came.  She is the one I have asked you to pray for in the past.  The dear thing has been in and out of the hospital for years.  I just love these kids!

They played the parachute game 'Shark'.
The funniest part was our little Noah's Ark skit.  Hubby dressed up in our eldest son's Jedi Cloak and wrapped a piece of thick rope around his middle and for a beard, well, all we had handy was a mop.  Mind you it was about 100 degrees that day.  I had all the kids sit on a blanket warning them that a flood was coming and they had to get on board before it was too late.  We had a funny rendition of the famous story and all the kids were captivated (me too).  Afterwards we asked some pretty tough questions and there was no trippin up this crowd.
We had yummy grasshopper cake and then he opened presents.  His favortite gift this year was the water fountain that changes color for our pool.  My little guy LOVES anything with lights, plugs, switches, or gears.  He was thrilled.
He can be my party coordinator anytime!


Deuteronomy 12:7 NIV

There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoicein everything you have put your hand to, because the LORD your God has blessed you.


Blessings,
E.W.

No comments: