Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Shirt & Tie

In our bible study class, we have an elderly gentleman by the name of Mr. Pennington that is leading us through the book of Joshua.  When I found out that he was teaching I just knew I wanted to be under the tutelage of this man.  I soooooo miss my grandparents and I crave being around the elderly folk.  Every Sunday he wears a shirt and tie, complete with undershirt and a hanky.  It melts my heart!

My dad wears a shirt, tie and jacket to church every Sunday.  Not only that but he coordinates his shirt and tie (think Regis Philbin) to what my snazzy mom is wearing.  If she has on lime green, so does he, if she is wearing smokey purple, yep, so is he.  I just absolutely love this breed of men.  It is such a statement of strength and dignity.  NO blue jeans for these guys!
The stories they tell, the fond memories they share, the life experiences they have endured are all priceless.  I just found out this week that my dad boxed in college.  FOR REAL??  My dad is a gentle giant, I just can't imagine him boxing.

Psalms 112:1 

Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands.

There is just something special about a sharp dressed man!

Blessings,
E.W.











No comments: