Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Note Worthy

Today I received a sweet letter in the mail from my friend Deb.  It was a note of encouragement and thanks.  The best part was that it was handwritten from her pen.  What a sacred gift in this day of 'techno' everything.
I have a box of precious notes that date way, way back, I've kept them all over the years; and every now and again I will peruse that letterbox to reflect and remember.  The note encouraged me to pass along the gift of snail mail and I wrote 3 notes today to some gals who the Lord put on my heart that needed a little boost.  God's timing is so perfect!  This week I have had a spirit of discouragement about me and, viola', Deb's note shows up to dispel that posture.  Whom can you write a note to today?  I bet you can think of at least one person who could use a dose of letter love!  Be sure to add a little scripture to your note too!  




Job 16:5

But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief


1 Thessalonians 5:11

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.


2 Thessalonians 2:17

encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.


Hebrews 3:13

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today



Blessings,
E.W.

No comments: