Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Salsa

Yes, I love to dance, but this post takes place in the kitchen and my garden.  I always thought salsa was one of those mystery foods, like baby food, like some little elves cook up some deliciousness that is beyond my capabilities.  Alas, not only have I come up with my own recipe, but I have actually grown some of the ingredients in my pitiful little garden!!
I have tweaked this till it is just right.  It makes a big container and lasts till the last bit is gone.

2 cans Original Rotel
28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno pepper (more if you like it hot)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
bunch of cilantro (about 2 cups)
1 lime

Toss it all in your food processor and blitz till smooth.  You can keep this chunkier if you leave out the diced tomatoes and add them after everything else is mixed.  Leave in fridge for an hour so flavors can mingle (its a salsa thang).  You can garnish it with some fresh cut avocados.

No comments: