Saturday, September 4, 2010

Homeschool Launch

Today I was blessed to help my friend get prepared for schooling all 3 of her children.  She is a fabulous artist, her murals hang all around the county and she is one of my fellow prayer warriors.  We have done A LOT of praying together over the years.  She is a free spirit, an athletic (she has competed in triathlons), and has a heart for Jesus that is contagious!  The thing I love about her is that we can go for long periods of time and not see each other but the second we lay eyes on each other we pick right back up where we left off.  Numerous times she will pray with me where-ever we are; standing in the hall at the gym, in the parking lot, or with one hand holding the pair of scissors she is using to cut my hair (yes she does that too) and the other hand on my shoulder.  She is a STOP, DROP, and PRAY kind of gal.  I simply adore her!  
Her kids have been in private school for years, but this year she felt the calling to homeschool.  She will be juggling  2nd, 5th, and 7th grades this year.  We got straight to work and 4 hours later created a matrix of her day.


 She will be a busy gal this season.  There is a nice balance between her time spent with the littlest guy to interacting and overseeing the older ones.  Homeschooling is not for the faint hearted!  It is not a solitary journey either.   Helping and supporting one another is crucial.  I just love, love, love to help mom's get started with their plans.  I'm a nerd, I know!  But when your gift is organizing and your brain has more curriculum ideas than Rainbow Resource, it's a weapon to be reckoned with!  When I grow up I think I will be a Homeschool Guru!
I pray for all the mom's ramping up for next weeks launch.  I pray for excitement and vigor to let God use you to teach your children.  May each of you treasure each day with your children.
Blessings,
E.W.

No comments: