Friday, February 18, 2011

Candy Dish

 My Daddio showed up one random day on my front porch with a little package in his hand.  He was browsing an antique shop and found a sweet treasure and thought of his baby girl.  It could have been a stuffed turkey for all I knew, but I did know that whatever was in that bag I would love it simple because he thought of me.  It turned out to be a vintage candy dish.  I love things with lids (how weird is that!) because when something old has a lid it has stood the test of time and endured.  Have you ever noticed that when you walk through a consignment shop?  There lies to bowl without its mate, the lid.  It would be like a teacup without a saucer!  There is something extra delightful about taking the cover off of something and peering inside.  We live in a day and age of gift bags.  What a terrific way to wrap a gift!  HOWEVER...how neat to receive a package in a box all wrapped pretty with bows and ribbons.  Taking the lid off the box increases anticipation by like, 70%...don't ya think?


Anyway, I love the leaf etching in the thin glass, can you see it?  I tried darkening the photo to pull the etching forward a bit.  I am not a big advocate of putting delicate things behind a hutch for 'a special day.'  In God's economy, everyday is a spectacular created day for you and me.

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."  John 15:9

Faithfully Yours,
E.W.

No comments: