Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello Monday

I never used to like Monday's.  Hubby goes to work and part of my heart goes with him.  As well as the house is usually in some disarray and I feel a bit overwhelmed at what to tackle first.  Over the years I have learned to settle into a routine that guides my day and keeps me in a rhythm.  After I finish devotions with my favorite girl and get her rolling with school work, I bake something in the morning.  I draw on the sweet memory of my grandmother who always did her baking in the morning.  Today I made Chocolate Chip Applesauce Cake.

Dinner is prepped in the crock pot so when we get home from soccer today beef stew is waiting (recipes to follow).



I dive into the laundry and release all the gross things from the weekend that got shoved in the hamper.



I like to catch up on my blog and journal the past few days of our lives and share what the Lord is teaching me.

And as a bonus, to celebrate the 80 degree temperature I painted my piggie toes after a long winter's nap!

Thank you Lord for the gift of homemaking that you have bestowed upon me!  I love being a wife and mother!

 
My Douglas picked this beautiful spring flower and it's fragrance fills the room.

Proverbs 24:3-4 (NKJ)

3 Through wisdom a house is built,
      And by understanding it is established;
       4 By knowledge the rooms are filled
      With all precious and pleasant riches.
Blessings,
E.W.


No comments: