Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby B

 The first great grandchild will be arriving next month.  Excitement does not even begin to capture the level of hope and anticipation this little guy is bringing!  No names have been revealed yet.  The nursery's theme is little jungle animals, just like the cake!
 The new parents-to-be.

 Conway can't wait to be a grandmother!

 It was an absolutely gorgeous day.  The shower was held at a remote country club that was charming.

 Katie got 3 of these diaper cakes.  They are adorable, unedible and low-fat!
 It's hard to hold gifts on your non-existing lap.  This was a gift from relatives up north who couldn't make it.  Thought I would pop a picture of Katie opening their gift of a college fund piggie bank...crazy to think about how much it will be when this fellow graduates!

 Party games...this one was guess what's in the diaper....
 Smushed Snickers, smashed Pay Day, eewie chocolate bars...how creative!

 This is Katie's grandma...such a dear lady!  She made the quilt.


Such a sweet day to gather around a new mom and join in her bubbling gladness.  How precious these times are!
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:14-19

Coram Deo,
E.W.

No comments: