Thursday, October 13, 2011

Global Aid Network

Instead of class at school today we invested in a service project for one of our class field trips.  We went to the Global Aid Network to participate in a worldwide outreach.
Global Aid Network is a mutli-national network of ministries serving to demonstrate the love of God, through word and deed, to hurting and needy people around the world through relief and development projects.

As the relief and development aid arm of Campus Crusade for Christ International, the ministry of Global Aid Network spans the globe helping to meet physical needs in areas of poverty and despair and providing hope through evangelistic outreach.   This cart is used for handicapped people to get mobile!

 Clean water, we take it for granted here in the states.  We have nothing to complain about!  Imagine getting your water in this manner.
 This dear lady showed us how to make the salvation message bracelet.

 Our teacher shared after we returned home, "We had a wonderful experience making bracelets which are used to share the gospel with children and adults around the world. One leader told us that they are even used with government officials sometimes – I guess a handmade bracelet along with the gospel message is more appreciated in other cultures! We also packed school supplies to send to children in Guatemala. Another leader told us that when she visited Guatemala she asked why so many children were not in school. She was told that children have to supply their own school items and if they do not have them they cannot attend. These pens, pencils and rulers that we packed today will be used by children who literally would not have an education without them. We are so blessed and what a privilege it is to be able to be a part of serving others in this way."

 Hands are my second favorite thing to photograph or sketch or behold.  Hands that have loved, served, and worked diligently are a masterpiece!


 If the beads went in the wrong order or you forgot to tie one end symmetrically like the other end...DO OVER!!
 Somehow making the bracelets became a competition.  Everyone was counting their piles.


 After making bracelets we went into the big warehouse to restock boxes with school supplies.





For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25: 35-40

Coram Deo,
E.W.

No comments: