Thursday, February 4, 2010

Enchanted with Oils


In my quiet time I read in Hebrews 1:9, "Therefore God, your God, has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else."  The oil of joy, another version says; 'the oil of gladness'.  There is so much to be joyful about.  Really stop and think about your blessings.  Unless you are living in Haiti right now you have tons to be glad about.  So what is our deal?  What do we really have to complain about?  Yes, life is hard, yes life is messy.  The tyranny of the urgent yells, distracts, keeps us sweatin the small stuff.  Shheesh, we must stand against this posture of being!  Now don't get me wrong, I'm complaining lugging the groceries in too so I'm reminding myself too!  But girlfriends this is an opportunity to acknowledge the lie that Satan throws our way and be on guard against him. We are equipped to juggle many things. Did you hear that?  Let me say it again, we are equipped to handle it!!  If you are unsure, ask an older lady, talk with her, she'll help ya!
What is your biggest complaint right now?  Can you put "it" into perspective?  Will "it" still bother you next week?  What if "it" were removed all together, would you long for "it" back?  I pray that you would be determined about the things that are truly dear to your heart.  I listen to the advice of  ladies who have already been down my road, and oh how they wish they could do things differently.  Live a life of no regrets, that is a tall order, but we can strive by prioritizing what means most to us and keeping it in the forefront.  I want the oil of joy permeating throughout my days.  Being someone who deals with seasonal depression I know when I feel joy and I know when it is absent.  I know when the depression is over because it feels much like a snug hat that you finally take off after wearing for quite some time. Do you know what I am talking about?  Forget the hat-head, static hair flying around, I mean the cool sensation of being released from the cap, you feel lighter, more open.
That is the oil of joy, but in your heart.  That joy is Jesus himself permeating through the very fibers of your life.  The joy of Jesus is free, abundant, agape-filled, and powerful!  The essence is in the Word.  That's the secret.  Find a favorite scripture, write it on an index card, and say it over and over until you are a fragrant blossom glad to be alive!
Now, go get a massage!!!!! (With some fragrant oil)!

1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Hi Warrior Chic! This is Joanne borrowing Heather's Computer. I'm so proud of you for starting a blog. You've been such a blessing in my life, especially with your words of wisdom. I'm happy that many more will now be encouraged by you!