Saturday, February 6, 2010

Enchanted with Snow

I took this picture this morning-I am so tickled with myself.  This is our sweet ALEC TREE.  He is our son that passed away about 17 years ago.  We planted this maple in memory of him.  We have enjoyed watching the tree grow year by year.  It looks so pretty covered in a blanket of white!  The snow is steady and plentiful, and our family is all snuggled in by the fire.  In Hebrews 3:6 it reads, "We are God's household, if we keep up our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ."  Christ is in charge of our household, meaning our hearts.  I found it interesting that the 2 pieces to fulfill our hope in Him is courage and confidence.  Why courage?  Over and over again the bible reminds us to NOT FEAR.  Hmmm, are you fearing anything?  Are you going through a personal snowstorm right now? Take heart!  Essentially, it all boils down to having the courage to trust and obey.  Our walk in faith is just that, trusting and obeying that God is leading us to a higher, richer ground.  What about the confidence part we are to embrace?  Is your spiritual posture solid and purposeful?  Knowing that God is faithful and that He will do what he says He will do and that He always keeps his promises is how our confidence is built.  Guess who wants to steal these things from us?  Yep, that dirty old rascal Satan, that's who!  Ask yourself what you are believing.  Is your trust in your job or paycheck, your family, your appearance, or your status?  Well guess what baby girl, all these things can be shaken!!  If our foundation is built on our hope in Christ, when the storms of life come (and they will come) we can be confident and have courage to do the next right thing.  This confidence is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls Hebrews 6:19 proclaims.  I pray that you will come to know the promises of God, his trustworthiness, his faithfulness; they endure forever!  Here are a few scriptures to research:  Prov3:5-6, Jer29:11, Eph6:10-20, Gal2:20-21, Lam3:22-27.  I keep spiral bound index cards with my bible and journal.  When I come across a scripture that lifts my heart I write it on the index card so I can savor it throughout the day.  The Word of God is what gives us courage and confidence.  Since you are snowed in, check out those verses and write them down.  I promise you will be glad you did!!

1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Ahhhh! My daily dose if Stacey wisdom. Thank you for being you. You are going to bless so many with this blog!