Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oaty Craisin Cookies


This is about as pert near perfect looking cookies that I've ever had come out of my oven!  More often than not they sprawl themselves out like a whale on the beach.  Now these cookies we could put in the 'somewhat' healthy category, vague, I know but read the list of ingrediments.  There is just something about real maple syrup and brown sugar that seems more nutritious than white sugar, okay... so I can live in my dream world if I want, they know me there!

1 cup butter-unsalted
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour (I use a light wheat)
3 cups oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup of crushed walnuts
1/2 dried cranberries
1/2 raisins

Mix butter, syrup, sugar till smooth.  Add eggs and vanilla.  If you have restraint sift your dry ingredients together (which I never do) and add to the wet mix.  Toss in nuts and dried fruit.  If you don't have one kind, use double of the other.  My daughter likes to throw in dark chocolate chips, but that is almost too much for the cookie.  It's your cookie...you decide!
Bake, 350 degrees, until almost cooked, about 11 minutes.  They will finish cooking on the hot pan for another minute when you take them out of the oven.  Then, let them cool on a wire rack. Don't let them harden on the pan, you will have a heck of a time getting them off!  You have been warned!

These are a moist in the middle, crunchy on the edges kind of cookie...sigh.  Now go make them!

Blessings,
E.W.

No comments: