Friday, December 10, 2010

The Stash

     We have been working on our master bathroom for almost 4 years now, yes patience is a virtue!  Alas, with just a few tiny touch-ups and curtains waiting to be made it is finished.  We designed it and built it, and it is it's own little oasis.  My goal was to make it spa-like.
     Our home is cozy and welcoming.  There are many things that I love about it; the hardwood floors, the sunny windows, the multi-levels, and the location.  It's about 50 years old and we have been plugging away at it's needs; new roof, new hot water heater, new plumbing, gutted bathrooms, things like that.  I was surprised when we moved in when I made my first batch of cookies that when I went to put the tray in the oven it would not fit!  My tray was bigger than the 24" oven.  How the original owners got around in this 11x11 kitchen with 6 kids is BEYOND me!  So I bought new cookie sheets and that was that.  The one thing I wish this old house had was more closet/storage space.  Where to put stuff?  This year, this month, right now; the wrapped gifts...where to put the Christmas stash...this is where they ended up...
 I have actually bathed in this tub!  The tile was just recently completed and took the longest tackle.  I am so glad my brother-in-law (who is a tile guy) did this part for us, it was much more involved than we realized.

 The presents won't stay in there, but for now I don't know where to put them.  Last year they were piled in our bedroom, but now the bathroom takes up that 6 feet of that old space.

 A pretty collage of my grandmother's teacup and my mom's perfume from long ago.

 When I bath a dream of floating down this river in a place far far away.  I love this picture, it has always been my dream to travel to Europe, and this just looks like something you would see there.


 A double sink!  We are officially all grown up, we each have our own sink.

 This used to be the old bathroom.  You entered it from the hallway where the new shower is placed.  You step up into it from the lower part of the bathroom.  I love my little chandelier hanging over the throne.

We put in a vinyl floor that looks like antique flooring and it is so simple to clean.  We have to finish painting the french door and trim and then can move all of the paint cans out of our boudoir!

Where the presents will move, I haven't a clue!  But move they must, because someone might accidentily hit the faucet with her knee when piling the presents in there...sigh...

Merry Christmas,
E.W.

No comments: