Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Taste and See

I went to the bookstore in search of a new devotional.  Which one to choose?  John Piper has written many books of which I have gleaned and grown from reading.  This book popped out at me over and over again as I perused the shelves.  The back cover reads:

"The soul tastes truth like the tongue tastes food.  Spiritual hunger cries out for rich, substantial nourishment.  It is remarkable how much meat these daily portions contain.  This devotional of contemporary meditations on biblical reality will whet your appetite for more of God himself and refresh you in your daily communion with Christ."

I have read the first devotional twice to really savor the scriptures about reasserting God's rightful place in my life.  Each 'chapter' is 2-3 pages in length, most of which is scripture in bite size pieces, small enough to memorize one a day if you choose.  Today I memorized Zephaniah 3:17 (see side bar).

Coram Deo,
E.W.



No comments: