Saturday, December 11, 2010

Victorian Christmas

 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16

How precious to spend time together.  The bible instructs the older generation to teach the younger generation.  It is a blessing to pass on gifts, talents, wisdom, and time.  Today two very creative daughters of the King spent the day making ornaments and cards from the 1800's.  The Victorians celebrated Christmas with great style.  They would spend many weeks preparing for the festive day.  Houses were decorated from top to bottom and the whole family would spend evenings making ornaments to adorn the tree.  The ornaments were made from scraps of paper and tin foil  that had been saved over the past months, along with ribbons, lace, silk flowers, and cutouts of angels, Santa, and other Christmas symbols.  Since we are studying the Victorian Era for history this was the perfect activity to engage in with Grammy.


Hello, this is Mollie! Yesterday I spent the day at my grandparents making Victorian crafts. I made some presents... (Ssshhh) I had a wonderful time just being with the ones I love.

Here are Grammy and I making cards and something neither of us knew the name for!




Here Grammy and I set up my camera on a box with scissors under it to
take pictures.  Poppy was down stairs...

These times are very precious to capture; fun conversations, quality time, laughing, 
creating, making memories.  I miss my Gram so much!  What a blessing to be together!

Merry Christmas,
E.W.

No comments: