Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Thinking Pond

Bathe my soul in rich consolations of thy resurrection life...
(From Valley of Vision Victory prayer)

This is where I go to sit with the Lord.  This peaceful little isle is the perfect place to be still and know that He is.  I came here the other day to have a good cry.  My little heart has been very troubled over a broken relationship for some time now and mix in some added pressures of life and well, I need a place to go and sit and think.  No phones, no dogs, no interuptions, just the sound of the waterfall coaxing me to lean on the everlasting arms of the Living Water.  Scripture is written on the benches, Isaiah 40:31

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah speaks deeply to my soul.  Earlier in the chapter he says, "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength."  Something supernatural happens when we get alone with the Lord.  After pouring out my heart and reflecting on His truth, I sing.  Out loud.  The bible says to praise Him!  Later in Isaiah he states, "Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old, behold, I will do a new thing."  That is a promise.  That is our hope.  I believe God will do a new thing like only He can.  Jesus was resurrected from the dead.  He lives!  May His glory shine itself on my concerns and be not in vain.  Our risen Lord can surely do a new thing with my yoke.

I like it here at the pondering pond.  I like the visual of the rocks that are rough and jagged everywhere EXCEPT for where the water is running over it.  And it didn't happen instantly.  Time plus moving water created those graceful lines in those old stones.  That same Living Water smooths out my rough edges, it washes over me, cooling me, refreshing me.  That is the power of the Living God.  I came teary and weary.  I left renewed and calmed.  So I sing to the King!

Coram Deo,
E.W.

No comments: