Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tamara

 A little over 10 years ago this young lady was adopted into my brother's family.  She and her brother came from Russia.  She spoke not a lick of English and is now packing to leave for college.  I am so proud of her.  When she first arrived we would spend afternoons reading books and playing games together so she could learn her new language.  I treasure those memories!



Nobody throws a party like my sister-in-law.  Tamara's graduation bash was no exception.
This is her blood brother from Russia, he graduated last year.  This boy can wrestle!  He is an icon around Bel Air!




I spent the afternoon catching up with friends I haven't seen in a coon's age.  And all their kids are big now and my heart was filled with so many memories.

These are the ruby slippers that Tamara came off the plane in so many years ago.

She is very artsy.  She is going to study fashion design.
Now this precious lady here (on the right) is the woman who taught me how to pray when I became a believer in Christ.  I had the chance to share that with her and we both got all filled up as I had never told her that before.
Tamara made this quilt out of memorabilia and sports shirts.










Her other adopted brother from Korea.  This is a multi-cultural family.
And her big brother Kyle.  Each family member spoke of their love for Tamara in generous proportions.


















NINJA
New puppy aptly named, Tank.

Cheers sweet Tamara, I will be praying for you as you embark on this new chapter.

Coram Deo,
E.W. 

1 comment:

Kris said...

Stacey

I was reading your blog and noticed you have pictures of Taylor and Maddie Lambert. Taylor babysits the girls (Laney and Emma). They absolutely adore her and her friend Shelby (who was also in some of the photos). Congratulations to your niece. Looks like everyone was having a wonderful time! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Kris