Monday, March 7, 2011

Barbie


 We have been in New England the past few days.  A lot of the family gathered to mark the one year anniversary of my sister-in-laws murder.  The case has not been solved.  It is hard to describe the effects a year can bring.  My closest analogy would be the aftermath of a bomb exploding.  The initial shock of the bomb is one thing and the aftermath is something else entirely.  Without the hope of Jesus in our lives we got to see first hand what despair and seething pain look like.  Leu and I are reeling since we got home.  Our prayer was to go up there and comfort loved ones.  We were not expecting the onslaught within the family.  We just look at each other and shake our heads...what happened???

We held a vigil last week and many gathered to speak of fond memories.  Here is a clip...


We met with the press and again pleaded for any information someone might have that would help the case.  We met with the chief of police, states attorney, lawyers and other powers that be for an update on their progress.   These are hard days.  I turn to scripture and hear God speak...

O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me!  Unto You I lift up my eyes, O You who dwell in the heavens.  Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God.  Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer.  From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For You have been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.  I will abide in Your tabernacle forever:  I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.  You have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy is his distress, a refuge from the storm.  (Isa 38:14, Ps. 123:1-2, Ps 61: 1-4; Isa 25:4)

Faithfully Yours,
E.W.

No comments: