Friday, January 14, 2011

The Basement Door

Our basement doors has 5 sheets of paper taped to it.  They change year to year.  We just hung this year's individual goals.  Each person writes up their goals and dreams for the upcoming year.  Here is a sneak at 2011 lists...
I like what big Daddio wrote here about learning to play the drums.  The DRUMS????  Oh, dear...we may have to have a little chat about this, I am hoping he means on Band Hero!

This is yours truly's goals.


This one belongs to the 15 year old.  I like that he wrote he wants to pay attention to his relationships!

Can you see any difference between girls and boys here?  My girl is very introspective and relational!  She wants to serve her grandparents, convert someone to Christianity :) and learn to do a split.  Love it!





And last but not least is the 8 year old writing his personal goals.  One of his goals this year to to light sticks on fire in the outdoor fire pit!  Like father like son...He also wrote that he wants to do things that are unexpected like chores...I love this kid!

These papers serve as reminders and benchmarks for the journey.  We read in Proverbs this morning in our devotional time:

Wisdom rests in the heart of him who has understanding, but what is in the heart of fools is made known.

I love to get a glimpse of what is in my families hearts.  We talked about what is means to have understanding and to have our lives reflect that we do indeed have wisdom.  What we fill our eyes, minds, ears with will show what lies within.  I pray for my kids hearts to be tender towards God, to seek Him and favor His Word.
I pray they will have hearts pliable for the Maker to mold.  I pray they will be sold out for God!

Coram Deo,
E.W.

1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Love this! :)

Oh, and I would be happy for the drums that live in my basement to now live in your basement. Just sayin.