Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beer Bread

With two hungry teenagers devouring everything in site I have had to bulk up our dinner menu.  Forever and a day I have served a meat, a starch, and a bag of steamed frozen veggies.  That is not cutting it anymore so I have had to think of a fourth dinner item.  Beer bread is a snap to throw together.  Because the beer acts as the yeast there is no delay in baking it immediately.  I buy the cheapest 6-pack of beer and tuck it in the pantry for when I want to whip this up.

Beer Bread Recipe
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 T sugar
can of beer
2T melted butter
Sift the dry ingredients then add the can of beer, mix.  
Pour into greased 9x5 loaf pan and pour melted butter on top.  Bake for about 50 minutes.  You can spruce it up with cheese or garlic salt.

Enjoy,
E.W.

No comments: